These home-made marshmallows are so light tasting and easy to make... you'll never buy them at the stare ever again!
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon (3 packet)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided|
|Granulated sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In electric stand mixer bowl, drop gelatin and ½ cup of cold water. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
2. Grease an 8x8-inch cake pan with butter. Lay parchment paper and dust generously with icing sugar. Set it aside.
3. Place a heavy saucepan on medium heat and add remaining water, sugar, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. Stir and cook until sugar dissolves.
4. Turn the heat to high and let it boil, without stirring until the temperature reaches 240 degree F when measured with a candy thermometer.
5. Turn the electric mixer on low setting and gradually pour hot sugar mixture into it.
6. Turn the blender back to high and whisk for 15 minutes.
7. Pour mixture in cake pan and spread evenly with a greased spatula.
8. Sprinkle more sugar on top and let it rest, uncovered overnight under room temperature.
9. Cut into slices and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2447Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat %
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1425 mg59.38%
Total Carbohydrates 602 g200.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 435 g
Protein 39 g78%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet