This Macaroni Cheese is super cheesy and easy to make. It's a great blend of 2 things most of us love, cheese and garlic. This dish can be served any time of the year but seems to be much more than a staple during the Holidays. Be sure and check out the recipe link for the exact measurements.
|For roasted garlic|
|Garlic bulbs||40 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For bechamel sauce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole milk||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Half & half||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) , shredded and divided|
|Muenster cheese||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) , shredded and divided|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|All purpose seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning)|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Non stick spray||2 Dash|
|Salt||3 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Granulated garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Large elbow pasta||1 Pound|
1. To roast the garlic: Cut the tops off of the garlic bulbs. Place on parchment paper. Pour over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Enclose the garlic in the parchment and then enclose in aluminum foil.
2. Roast in the preheated oven at 375 F for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Once done, squeeze the cloves from the bulb and set aside and reserve 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil.
4. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
5. In a large stock pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Season the boiling water, with and the granulated garlic.
6. Add in the elbow pasta and cook al danté.
7. For Bechamel Sauce – In a medium size sauce pan, simmer the milk and half & half together over low heat.
8. In a large skillet melt the butter and reserved olive oil together over medium-high heat and then add the flour. Whisk for about 1 to 2 minutes. Do not brown it.
9. While whisking vigorously pour in all of the milk mixture, and reserve 1 cup. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and has no lumps. Once it’s smooth, turn the heat down to medium.
10. Add in 1½ cups of each of the cheeses to the sauce and stir until it’s melted and the cheese sauce is combined.
11. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoning and stir.
12. Add in the pasta and roasted garlic cloves to the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
13. Pour in the reserved 1 cup of milk into the macaroni and cheese sauce and stir.
14. Into the prepared baking dish, pour in half of the macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle over 1 cup of the reserved cheeses, add the next layer of macaroni and cheese, and top with the last cup of cheese.
15. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
16. Serve with roasted chicken and enjoy!
Calories 641Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 735 mg30.63%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 31 g62%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6410Calories from Fat 3210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 380 g585%
Saturated Fat 190 g950%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 7350 mg306.3%
Total Carbohydrates 410 g137%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 50 g
Protein 310 g620%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet