A mouthwatering mac cheese recipe with a tasty twist!
|Parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , grated (divided)|
|Butter||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) , shredded|
|American cheese slices||1/4 Pound , chopped|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium , beaten|
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce , cooked|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Lightly grease mini muffin cups, sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese in cups and tap out excess.
3 In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
4. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking continuously.
5. While still whisking add in milk and bring to boil, about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in Cheddar and American cheeses and remove from heat and stir well until smooth.
7. In a bowl, transfer the cheese mixture and whisk in egg yolk and paprika and stir well to mix.
8. Add in macaroni and fold well until well coated.
9. Place rounded tablespoons of macaroni mixture into prepared tins; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
10. Bake in oven for, about 10 minutes or until hot and golden.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes; carefully transfer to a serving plate.
12. Serve hot as desired.