Watch the video and make Mac and cheese this St Patricks Day!
|Elbow macaroni||1 Pound (you can also use campanelle, cavatappi or shells)|
|Whole milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Packed fresh spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated white cheddar cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1.Preheat oven to 350 F.
2.Cook pasta in salted water for about 3 minutes less than package directions call for, until al dente. Reserve half a cup of the pasta water and strain.
3. While the pasta is cooking. Place the milk and spinach in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
4. In a large pot melt the butter and then add the flour, whisking continuously over low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the milk mixture and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce is gently bubbling and starting to thicken.
6. Add reserved pasta water and cheese and whisk until melted. Stir in the pasta, salt, broccoli and peas.
7. Transfer to a greased 13? x 9? baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and the pasta is set.
8.Serve and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4982Calories from Fat 1877
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g326.2%
Saturated Fat 122 g610%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 9944 mg414.33%
Total Carbohydrates 473 g157.7%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 64 g
Protein 298 g596%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet