My Lentils with Garlic, Onion and Sun-dried Tomato recipe is delicious and versatile! The lentils taste great in a pita sandwich or in a hummus wrap. I also love to serve it over grilled or baked cod or halibut, and/or toss the lentils in a bowl of fusilli pasta.
|Green lentil||1 Cup (16 tbs) , cooked as per package directions|
|White onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , peeled and diced|
|Garlic cloves||4 , peeled and diced|
|Green pepper/Red pepper||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , diced|
|Sundried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , diced|
|Fresh basil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Garlic salt||1 Dash|
|Ground oregano||1 Dash|
|Red chili pepper flakes||1 Dash|
|Lemon||1 Small , freshly squeezed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Dash|
1. Cook lentils to package instructions and set aside
2. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil into a skillet on the stovetop over low heat.Sauté onion and garlic until slightly golden.
3. Add in sun-dried tomatoes.Add in basil, followed bylemon or limejuice.
4. Add in salt, oregano, red chili pepper flakes, and garlic powder to taste.
5. Serve in a pita sandwich or with a fish of your choice.