A creamy, lemony, wobbly soufflé, served with stewed peaches and a unique chocolate boondi, this dessert is so awesome that your guests will be talking about it for days to come. Actually, it is the chocolate boondi that makes it so special, because it is so innovative. The chocolate boondi is made by mixing sweet boondi with melted dark chocolate. To get it right, make sure the chocolate is warm and not hot, otherwise it will make the boondi soft and soggy. The crisp, chocolaty boondi is a wonderful contrast to the tangy lemon soufflé, in both colour and flavour this makes it a perfect garnish! The peaches, cooked with sugar and water, are also a wonderful addition to this dessert, with their soft texture, lilting aroma and pleasing flavour. Preparing the lemon soufflé is a quick job, but needs a bit of deft handwork, which we show you how to do in this video. Enjoy the Lemon Soufflé with Chocolate Boondi and Peaches chilled.
|Plain yogurt||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Fresh cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Gelatin sheets||10 Gram|
|Boondi||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (sweet)|
|Melted dark chocolate||2 Tablespoon|
1. Beat the curd in a deep bowl using a whisk till no lumps remain.
2. Add the fresh cream, ½ cup of sugar, vanilla essence, lemon juice and lemon rind and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
3. Cut the gelatin into a 25mm. (1”) strips. Combine the gelatin strips and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and keep aside for 3 to 5 minutes or till it softnes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the sweet boondi and dark chocolate in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
5. Discard approx. 2 tbsp of water from the gelatin-water mixture. Switch on the flame, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6. Switch off the flame, add 2 tbsp of the curd-fresh cream mixture to the gelatin and mix well.
7. Put the gelatin-curd mixture to the curd-fresh cream mixture and mix vigorously with the help of a whisk.
8. Transfer the mixture into a glass serving bowl and keep aside to refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
9. Combine the peaches and enough hot water in a deep bowl and keep aside for 15 minutes.
10. Peel the peaches using you hands or a sharp knife and slice them.
11. Combine the sliced peaches along with the seeds and 2 tbsp of sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
12. Discard the seeds and keep aside to cool completely.
13. After 1 hour when the soufflé is set, arrange the cooked sliced peaches on the circumference of the soufflé, place the chocolate boondi in the centre and spread it evenly. Serve chilled.
Calories 434Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 172 mg7.17%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2604Calories from Fat 834
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.6%
Saturated Fat 42 g210%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1032 mg43.02%
Total Carbohydrates 414 g138%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 288 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet