The all time favorite of many meat eaters, meatball lasagna's meatless version was my craving since long time!Check out this yummy and nutritious recipe for a vegetarian version of meatball lasagna.
|Meatless meatball||10 Medium , sliced|
|Whole wheat lasagna noodles||200 Gram , cooked|
|For cream sauce|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Skimmed milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat free whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
|Low calorie parmesan cheese||4 Ounce|
|Unsalted tomato sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan melt the unsalted butter and add in the flours, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes to eliminate the raw taste.
3. Slowly add the skimmed milk in batches, whisking until smooth between each addition.
4. Finally add in the cream, whisk constantly. Cook until the mixture boils.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer, for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking in occasionally.
7. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the nutmeg powder, salt and half of Parmesan cheese.
8. In a 3 quart casserole, spread a layer of tomato sauce, top with about 1 cup of the cream sauce prepared. Add a layer of whole wheat lasagna noodles, a layer of tomato sauce, 1 cup of cream sauce and add a layer of meatless meatball slices. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and top with noodles again.
9. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
10. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling gently.
11. Serve Lasagna with tossed salad.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2720Calories from Fat 718
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.1%
Saturated Fat 40 g200%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4462 mg185.92%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.7%
Dietary Fiber 45 g180%
Sugars 93 g
Protein 129 g258%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet