Enjoy this lighter, cheesy and yummy version of meatball lasagna.
|Swedish meatball||10 Medium|
|Whole wheat lasagna noodles||200 Gram , cooked|
|For cream sauce|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Skimmed milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat free whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
|Low calorie parmesan cheese||4 Ounce , grated|
|Unsalted tomato sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan melt the unsalted butter and add in the flours (whole wheat & all-purpose flour), stir and cook for 2-3 minutes to eliminate the floury taste.
3. Slowly add the skimmed milk in batches, whisking until smooth between each addition.
4. Finally add in the cream, whisking constantly.
5. Cook until the mixture boils.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer, for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking in between.
7. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the nutmeg powder, salt and half of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
8. In a 3 quart casserole, spread a layer of tomato sauce, top with about 1 cup of the cream sauce prepared.
9. Top with a layer of whole wheat lasagna noodles, a layer of tomato sauce, 1 cup of cream sauce and add a layer of meatball slices.
10. Sprinkle grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese and top with noodles again.
11. Repeat two more times and top with tomato sauce and a final layer of cream sauce.
12. Sprinkle remaining grated cheese.
13. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350° or until bubbling gently.
14. Serve Lasagna with tossed salad.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2679Calories from Fat 704
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.5%
Saturated Fat 43 g215%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1985 mg82.71%
Total Carbohydrates 375 g125%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 93 g
Protein 109 g218%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet