Lasagna, or lasagne is a absolute favorite of many Indians. Thin sheets of pasta layered with red sauce, white sauce, vegetables and cheese, this has got it all. Tangy yet spicy Red Sauce, Cheesy and Creamy Red Sauce, and Roasted Veggies makes this a dish of all trades. Whether you like Pasta in béchamel or marinara, you'd love this. Try out and let us know how it goes for you!
|For red sauce|
|Chopped ginger||1/2 Inch|
|Garlic clove||3 , chopped finely|
|Green chilli||1 , chopped finely|
|Chilli flakes||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Large , chopped finely|
|Tomato puree||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green chilli||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped veggies||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((French Beans, Potato, Carrot, Cauliflower, etc,))|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Chilli paste||1 Teaspoon|
|For white sauce|
|Butter||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Processed cheese||50 Gram|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degress C.
For Red Sauce :
2. In a pan, add in oil, once hot, add ginger, garlic, chili, chili flakes and cook for a minute.
3. Follow it up with oregano, basil, paprika and the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt, and cook until mushy.
4. Add Tomato Puree & sugar, cook for 5 mins.
5. Transfer to blender jar, pour in a cup of water and blend to smooth paste.
6. In a pan, add in oil, once hot, add the ginger, garlic, green chili.
7. Add the chopped veggies, and season with salt, pepper, oregano & basil.
8. You can add the chili paste and cook for a minute in high flame. Veggies are ready.
For White Sauce:
9. In a saucepan, add in butter & flour. Cook until the flour is cooked but not brown, then add milk slowly while whisking gently.
10. Season with pepper, salt and oregano.
11. Add small chunks of cheese while whisking, and once it’s all incorporated, cook for another 30 seconds. White Sauce is ready.
Assemble Lasagna :
12. In a 12x8 Pan, spread a ladle full of red sauce, then place in the oven ready lasagna sheets.
13. Pour in some more red & white sauce. Layer in the veggies, sprinkle in some cheese. Then place the lasagna sheets & repeat the process.
14. In the last segment, sprinkle cheese over sauces.
15. Bake at 200C for 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
16. Garnish with coriander, and serve hot with garlic breadsticks, Enjoy!
Calories 512Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 736 mg30.67%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2048Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.8%
Saturated Fat 28 g140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2944 mg122.68%
Total Carbohydrates 288 g96%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 76 g152%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet