|Cranberries||4 Pound (4 Quarts)|
|Onions||1 Pound , peeled and chopped|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||5 1/2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|5% cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 Tablespoon , ground|
|Allspice||1 Tablespoon , ground|
|Canning salt/Pickling salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a 5 quart kettle, put together cranberries, onions and water cook uncovered until onions are translucent and cranberries burst.
2. Pass mixture through a sieve for food mill.
3. Return mixture to the kettle and stir in sugar, vinegar and spices cook with constant stirring for 8 minutes until sauce is thick.
4. Into 6 hot pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Serve Cranberry Ketchup with toasted bread.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5469Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 5921 mg246.71%
Total Carbohydrates 1396 g465.3%
Dietary Fiber 104 g416%
Sugars 1193 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet