Chef Maxwell shows a simple and easy sweet potato latke recipe. This is the simples form but can be made with many variations by adding more ingredients like apple and potato.
|Sweet potatoes||3 Medium , grated|
|Eggs||2 Large , slightly beaten|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) , finely sliced|
|Cooking oil/Butter||2 Tablespoon|
|For the creme fraiche|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
1. For the Creme Fraiche: In a sauce pan, add and combine the whipping cream with the sour cream and heat the mixture on low heat for 10 minutes or until it is thickened. Once done, set it aside to cool.
2. Once the mixture is cooled, transfer it into a bowl and refrigerate it for 30 minutes before serving.
3. In a bowl, add and combine the sweet potato with black pepper, salt and some flour. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the green onion and mix well.
5. Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
6. In a saucepan on medium high, heat butter, add some of the sweet potato mixture and spread it evenly in a circular shape in the pan. Cook this for about 5 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
7. Once done, transfer the potato pancake onto a plate and get ready to serve.
8. Serve these potato pancakes hot with a dollop of Creme Fraiche, sprinkled with chives.