|Red grapes||36 Ounce , preferably with seeds and stripped from the stalks (1 Kilogram / 2Pound And 4 Ounce)|
|Jam sugar||1 Pound (450 Gram, With Added Pectin)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
1) In a large saucepan, cover and cook the grapes over a low heat for 5 minutes until the juices begin to run.
2) Mash the grapes with a potato masher or fork and cook for another about 10 mins, mashing frequently until the grapes are soft.
3) Cover a sieve set over a bowl with a clean tea towel or kitchen cloth.
4) Pour in the grape mixture and allow to drip through for minimum 1 hour or preferably overnight.
5) Measure out about 600ml of the juice and pour into a pan along with the sugar and lemon juice.
6) Place the pan over a high heat and bring to a boil, skim any scum as it boils.
7) Allow the mixture to simmer until the temperature reaches 105°C on a sugar thermometer.
8) Alternately place a small plate in the freezer for 5 mins, then pour a little juice on the cold saucer and run your finger through after 1 minute. The jam will slightly wrinkle when ready.
9) Pour the hot jam into a sterilised jar and can be stored unopened for up to 3 months.
10) Use the Grape Jelly as required.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2562Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 22 mg0.92%
Total Carbohydrates 645 g215%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 611 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet