|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium , finely chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Patna rice||8 Ounce|
|Ready to serve clear chicken broth with rice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Prawns||4 Ounce , peeled|
|Lean ham||2 Ounce , cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|Prawns||1/4 Pint , unpeeled|
1) In a heavy base frying pan, saute the onion and green pepper in oil until the onion is golden brown.
2) Stir in the rice and saute for another few minutes.
3) Pour in the hot clear chicken broth with rice and 1/2 soup can measure of water.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5) Season with cayenne pepper, white pepper, salt and ground cloves to taste.
6) Cover and simmer over a low heat for about 20-25 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
7) During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add in the prawns, ham and olives.
8) Stir to combine and cook until thoroughly heated.
9) Heap the Shrimp and Olive Jambalaya on a shallow dish, garnish with the unpeeled prawns and serve.