Nothing better on your morning toast, or on some home made ice cream, than some strawberry jam. Making it yourself is not as daunting as you might think, in fact with only a handful of ingredients and a pot youll never go back to store bought.
|Strawberry||2 Quart , crush (or 3 3/4 cups of crushed strawberry)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid pectin||85 Milliliter (1 pouch)|
1. Clean six 250 ml mason jars and lid.
2. In a large, deep stainless steel pot, add crushed strawberry, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix well.
3. Place the pot on high heat and bring it to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for a minute.
4. Turn off the heat and add pectin in it. Stir and let it rest for a minute. Remove the foam from the surface and reserve it in a bowl to make ice cream later.
5. Quickly pour hot jam into the jars leaving ¼- inch space from the top. With plastic spoon remove the air bubbles from jam, and cover it lightly with lid. Keep it aside for processing. Repeat and fill the remaining jars.
6. Into the canner, place the jars and fill about 1-inch of the way up with water. Cover the canner and bring it to a rolling boil. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
7. Remove jars from canner and set them aside to cool.
8. Spread jam on toast. Serve and enjoy!