Just a few ideas for jalapeño poppers for your up coming New Years Eve party, and Super Bowl. I hope this inspires you to maybe come up with a brand new idea for your parties. I cooked these on just charcoal briquetts! The pulled pork and bacon already had smoky flavor, and the shrimp is such a delicate meat that it can't stand a lot of smoke, and the pizza poppers are just fine with the little bit of smoky flavor that the charcoal puts off.
|For shrimp and crab poppers|
|Shrimps||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Tequila||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Roasted garlic grapeseed oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Wildtree)|
|Garlic salt||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped green onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||5 Ounce|
|Crab claw meat||8 Ounce|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||3 Ounce , shredded|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno||5 , halved, seeded and cored|
|For pig poppers|
|Pulled pork||5 Ounce|
|Pepperjack cheese||5 Ounce , shredded|
|Jalapeno||7 , seeded and cored|
|Bacon strip||3 1/2 , cut in halves|
|For pizza poppers|
|Shredded mozzarella||6 Ounce|
|Pizza sauce||8 Ounce|
|Pepperoni slices||4 Ounce , broken|
|Black olives||6 , sliced|
|Jalapeno||6 , seeded and cored|
|Bacon strip||3 , halved|
1. Preheat the grill.
Shrimp Crab Jalapenos
2. In a bowl, mix together shrimps, lime juice,tequila, roasted garlic grapeseed oil, cumin, garlic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix it all together and set it in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together claw crab meat, cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese and minced garlic. Add lemon juice, fold it all together to make the crab mix.
4. Take the jalapeno halves and stuff them with crab mix as seen in the video. Set the crab jalapeno in the fridge until other jalapenos are ready.
5. Mix together pepperjack cheese and pulled pork in a bowl. Stuff 5-6 jalapenos with the mix. Wrap bacon around the jalapenos. Secure with the help of a toothpick. Set them aside.
6. Take shredded mozzarella, pepperoni and black olives in a bowl. Drop in pizza sauce, fold it all together. Stuff the remaining jalapenos with the mixture. Wrap bacon around the jalapenos. Secure with a toothpick.
7. Place all the poppers on the grill over indirect heat and cook them until done, about 7-8 minutes.
8. Cook the shrimps over direct heat until done.
9. Sprikle some green onion over the crab, top the crab poppers with one shrimp each.
10. Arrange the poppers on a serving dish and serve.