What could be better than fried Jalapeno Poppers on Rainy, windy day? I love to prepare fried stuff on rainy, cold day. Jalapeno poppers are perfect since they are nice and crispy whether you fry or bake them.
|Jalapeno pepper||10 , halved, seeded|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce , room temperature|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 , minced (Optional)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For cornstarch batter|
|Corn starch/Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , as needed|
1. Line a tray with foil.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and salt, mix well.
3. Stuff the cheese mixture in jalapeno halves and bring every 2 halves together to make whole jalapenos.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix together cornstarch and salt. Add enough water to get a batter consistency, mix again.
5. Dip jalapeno, one at time into the batter and then in bread crumbs, place on the prepared tray. Repeat to get a double layered coating, repeat once more, if desired.
6. In a wok heat oil and fry the coated jalapeno until crisp and brown.
7. Serve with your favorite dip.