TGI Friday's has a fantastic pretzel stick and beer cheddar dip, and you can make this at home. Beer Cheddar dip is made easily with American cheese and your favorite beer. Homemade pretzel sticks aren't hard to make and soon you will amaze your friends and family with this wonderful appetizer.
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant yeast||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 1/2 Cup (72 tbs) (extra for rolling)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , beaten with 1 teaspoon water|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|American cheese cubes||8 Ounce|
1. In a measuring cup mix together, water, yeast and sugar. In a mixer, place flour, add salt and pour in the yeast mixture, mix until incorporated. Spray a bowl with oil and transfer the dough into it, cover with a cloth and allow to site for 35 to 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Transfer the dough to a floured surface, roll to flatten and cut into equal portions and roll each portion into cigar shape, cut 2-3 slits per pretzel, allow to rise for sometime.
3. In a saucepan, boil water along with baking soda and sugar, add pretzels and boil for a couple of minutes. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes.
4. For sauce: In a saucepan, put beer and cheese, cook stirring until the cheese melts.
5. Serve the pretzels with beer cheese sauce.