An absolutely amazing grilled italian sandwich to go with your beer or otherwise.
|Italian bread slices||2|
|For basil infused honey|
|Chili butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mozzarella||8 Ounce|
|Capicola slices||4 (Gabagoul Slices)|
|Italian dry salami slices||4 (Sopressata Slices)|
|Garlic olive oil||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix honey with basil and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator to make basil infused honey.
2. Prepare the grill.
3. Butter top side of bread slices. Flip it and smear basil infused honey generously on the other sides. Layer first half of the bread slice with fresh mozzarella, arrange capicola slices and sopressata slices on top. Place two slices of tomatoes on top of the meat layer and drizzle the sandwich with garlic infused olive oil.
4. Layer the sandwich with another slice of mozzarella and cover it with the other bread slice such that the buttered side is over the top.
5. Grill the sandwich on a cast iron grill pan placed on a grill. Cover the top with a Sula tabla grill cover and grill until the mozzarella starts to melt.
6. Place the sandwich on a serving dish, slice it into two and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1239Calories from Fat 783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.4%
Saturated Fat 43 g215%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1516 mg63.17%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet