Pizza sauce is so easy easy to make using fresh tomatoes and few other ingredients. Just spread over a pizza base and top with cheese and vegetables to make a delicious pizza.
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (1|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1/2 Teaspoon (or more to taste)|
1. To blanch the tomatoes, in a pan boil water. Cut the top and make criss cross on the base of the tomatoes. Place them in boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes or until the skin begins to peel.
2. Remove the tomatoes from water, cool slightly, peel, deseed and chop them roughly.
3. Put the chopped tomatoes in blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute garlic over medium flame for a few seconds.
5. Add onion, mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chili flakes, tomato ketchup, chili powder and salt. Stir occasionally and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
7. Season with sugar, stir occasionally and cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Store in an air- tight container and use as required.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 596Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 725 mg30.21%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet