Sizzlers are a great addition to a dinner menu, especially for parties. Served steaming hot, they tempt the diners with the surge of fresh flavors and amalgam of aromas that is reflective all the ingredients in the sizzler. This Italian Sizzler is a recipe par comparison that combines nutritious veggies like carrots, broccoli and baby corn with luscious cheese, cream and pasta. It is a treat that pampers the taste buds, while also serving as a wholesome meal that satiates your hunger!
|Blanched broccoli florets||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Carrot strips||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , blanched|
|Sliced and blanched baby corn||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched mushrooms||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cut into halves|
|Salt and ground pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh cream||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked fusilli||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pizza sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pizza sauce||5 Tablespoon , divided|
|Grated processed cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon , mixed with 2 tbsp water|
1. Place a griddle on flame and heat butter in it. Add broccoli, carrots, baby corn and mushrooms. Mix well and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Add cream, stir and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
4. Place a griddle on flame, heat oil, and add pasta, salt, pepper and pizza sauce. Stir constantly and cook over medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
5. Heat a sizzler plate over an open flame till it is red hot. Pour 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce evenly all over the plate.
6. Place the prepared pasta on one side of the plate and top it with 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
7. Place the prepared vegetables on the other side of the plate. Sprinkle cheese evenly all over the pasta.
8. Finally spread the cream evenly all over the pasta and vegetables.
9. Sprinkle the oil-water mixture evenly over the plate and serve immediately while sizzling.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1030Calories from Fat 504
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.7%
Saturated Fat 24 g120%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1290 mg53.75%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet