An assortment of veggies are roasted with chopped garlic and olive oil and pasta mixed with a gooey cheese sauce made of grated cheese, flour and butter and with a generous sprinkling of cheese on top.
|For roasted vegetables|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Red capsicum cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green capsicum cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched and chopped tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red chili flakes||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the pasta|
|Cooked penne||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Dry red chili flakes||1/4 Teaspoon|
|For cheese sauce|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon (maida)|
|Milk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated processed cheese||4 Tablespoon (2|
|Grated processed cheese||1 Tablespoon|
For Roasted Vegetables:
1. In a non-stick pan, heat oil, add garlic and saute over medium flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the red capsicum, green capsicum and 2 tablespoon of water. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in tomato, oregano, salt and chili flakes. Cook on medium flame for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
4.In a non-stick pan, heat oil, add garlic, oregano, penne and salt. Stir and cook over medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
5. Season with chili flakes, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Keep aside.
For Cheese Sauce:
6. In a non-stick pan, heat butter, add plain flour and cook over medium flame for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
7. Pour milk, mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
8. Add pepper, cheese and salt. Mix and cook for a minute. Set aside.
9. Into the pan with sauce, add pasta and mix well.
10. Pour onto a serving plate and top with the roasted vegetables in the centre and finally sprinkle with grated cheese.
11. Serve immediately.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1140Calories from Fat 535
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.8%
Saturated Fat 28 g140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1731 mg72.13%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet