Pumpkin puree isn't just limited to those pumpkin pies. This savory 'meatless' dish will become a new favorite for a quick weeknight meal.
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Large , finely chopped|
|Pumpkin puree||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gruyere cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , grated|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Reserved pasta water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and add in the tortellini, cook according to package instructions. Drain and reserve the water to loosen the sauce.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat add in olive oil and shallots, cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the pumpkin puree and fresh nutmeg, stir to combine.
4. Turn the heat to a medium-low and add in the heavy cream. Stir occasionally and cook for 5 minutes or until the cream becomes thicker.
5. Add in Parmesan and gruyere cheese into the cream mixture and stir until cheese has melted.
6. Season with pepper and add drained tortellini. Add paste water if needed and stir well.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley and a little more Parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy!