This fabulous fresh version of shrimp scampi pasta is fancy enough to impress your guests and simple enough to serve on a hectic weeknight.
|Fettuccine pasta||1 Pound|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh baby spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Peeled and deveined shrimp||1 Pound ((20 to 25 large))|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, add pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally to ensure pasta separates. Drain well reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
3. In large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Saute for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Remove shrimp from skillet and keep warm.
6. In the same skillet, add lemon juice and wine. Bring it to a boil and then add 2 tablespoons butter and stir until melted.
7. Return shrimp to skillet along with spinach, cooked fettuccine, and reserved cooking liquid as needed to keep pasta moist. Stir well and season with salt and pepper as needed.
8. Serve and enjoy!