In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Chicken Marsala.
This is the entree that I chose for Mother's Day. It goes perfectly with angel hair pasta and Garlic Parmesan Bread.
|For coating chicken|
|All purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Other ingredients for chicken marsala|
|Chicken breast||1 1/2 Pound , washed, dried, and cut into pieces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushroom||8 Ounce|
|Sliced green onion tops||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||6 Medium , peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Dried sweet basil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Marsala wine||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (or substitute 1 ½ cups chicken broth)|
|Angel hair pasta||12 Ounce , cooked, drained|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large zip-lock bag, add flour, salt, and ground black pepper. Shake the bag to mix well.
2. In a 10 ½-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoking.
3. Take chicken pieces, few at a time and drop them into the flour mixture and shake to coat.
4. Place coated chicken pieces into the hot oil and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Cook in batches and do not overcrowd the skillet. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a tray lined with paper towel.
5. Into the same skillet add mushroom and cook in the leftover pan drippings, over medium flame for about 3 minutes or until tender. Remove mushroom from skillet and place it on the tray along with chicken.
6. Now, add green onion tops in the pan drippings and cook over medium heat, stirring often for 2 minutes or until softened.
7. Add chopped tomato, salt and dried sweet basil. Stir and simmer for about 4-5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
8. Pour Marsala wine, and simmer, uncovered for about 8 minutes or until thickened.
9. Return the cooked chicken and mushroom into the skillet and heat thoroughly.
10. On a large platter, place cooked pasta and then spoon chicken Marsala into the center of the platter, extending the sauce to cover some of the pasta. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley on top.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You may save some of the Parmesan cheese and parsley for topping individual servings.
You can serve chicken Marsala with Garlic Parmesan Bread, a simple spinach and grape tomato salad, Louisiana Crunch Cake, and iced tea.
Calories 629Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 411 mg17.13%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3774Calories from Fat 816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.6%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2466 mg102.78%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g130.2%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 60 g
Protein 240 g480%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet