Weeknights can get to be a bit crazy at times and this is a quick and easy dinner that is loaded with all the must haves for a healthy meal.
|Whole wheat fettuccine||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1/2 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , mince|
|Roma tomato||2 , roughly chopped|
|Zucchini||2 , chopped|
|Pasta water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Ounce , grated|
|Fresh parsley/Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon , chopped finely|
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine as per package directions. Drain but do not rinse and set aside.
2. Place a large saute pan on medium-high flame and heat olive oil in it.
3. Add chopped onion, stir and cook for about 3 minutes or until they become translucent.
4. Then add in the green and red peppers, stir and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Turn the flame to medium and add garlic, tomatoes and zucchini. Give it a good stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add cooked fettuccine into the pan along with the vegetables.
7. Pour some reserved pasta water to create a sauce for the pasta. Return the heat to medium high, toss well and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
Add in cooked Italian sausage or even a precook rotisserie chicken for more protein