Rich Marinara Buttery, Golden Yolk Ooey Goeey Cheese Quick and Easy Standout Breakfast/Brunch (or hell, even dinner)!
A great alternative to cold cereal, especially on cold mornings you're craving something hot, bubbly and satisfying. Get your cheese AND protein fix
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Crushed red pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed tomato can||12 Ounce (San Marzano)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (1/2 cup diced carrots)|
|Eggs||2 (or as many as you wish)|
|Parmigiano cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , grated|
|Fontina cheese slices/Gruyere, mozzarella||2|
|Fresh tomato||1 , cut in wedges (Optional)|
|Toast slice||2 (Optional)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon , chopped finely (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil, and add garlic, herbs, and pepper flakes, stir until garlic is soft.
3. Steam in the crushed tomatoes, add in the bay leaf and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove and discard bay leaf, sprinkle in the sugar, salt and pepper.
5. In the bottom of baking dish, ladle in a layer of sauce and crack the eggs over the sauce.
6. Drizzle the cream on top and sprinkle Parmesan cheese all over the egg.
7. Tear the cheese slices with hand and arrange all over the eggs.
8. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until the eggs set.
9. Serve hot with seasoned tomatoes wedges, toast, and garnished with parsley.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1076Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.2%
Saturated Fat 23 g115%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1974 mg82.25%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 51 g102%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet