Here is a great lunch idea for your kids. This Egg Pesto Melt is my son's favorite sandwich and is easy to make. This lunch takes no time to make and will leave nothing behind.
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , shredded|
|Whole wheat bread slice||2|
1. Whisk the egg and pesto in a bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture, tilting the pan to spread it evenly across the bottom.
3. Allow the egg to cook for one minute, using a rubber spatula to gently pull the egg away from the sides of the pan so the rest of the liquid egg can continue to coat the pan and cook.
4. Using the spatula, fold the outside parts of the omelette inwards into a square shape (to fit the bread).
4. Remove the square-shaped omelette to a plate, place a slice of bread topped with half of the shredded cheese, cheese side up, in the pan. Top with the omelette, remaining cheese and slice of bread. Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden.
4. Serve with milk or juice. kids will love it!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 407Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 688 mg28.67%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet