|Al dente straw and hay pasta||1 Bag (1 kg)|
|Pancetta||6 Ounce , dried|
|Onion||1 Large , diced|
|Fresh peas/1 cup frozen peas||1 Quart|
|Freshly grated pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon , grated|
|Fresh oregano/Other fresh herbs, chopped||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chopped|
1) If using fresh peas, shell them from the pods and blanche them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Place the peas in cold water when done, then drain.
2) On a medium-low heat, begin cooking the pancetta in a saucepan, until the fat renders.
3) Add the onions, cooking until translucent and pancetta gets crisp.
4) Add cooked or frozen peas and chicken stock.
5) Cover after it comes to a boil, then turn to medium-low for 10 minutes, or until peas have cooked.
6) Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Test after 3 minutes. Drain.
7) Toss hot pasta, add pancetta, onions, and peas. Mix.
8) Transfer the hot pasta to a serving dish. Garnish it with oregano and grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5415Calories from Fat 874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.2%
Saturated Fat 39 g195%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4185 mg174.38%
Total Carbohydrates 920 g306.7%
Dietary Fiber 108 g432%
Sugars 159 g
Protein 238 g476%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet