|Panettone cake||26 Ounce , cubed (cut into 1|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Heavy cream||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Whole or 2%)|
|Light brown sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Toasted pecans||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|For the chocolate sauce|
|Heavy cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate||4 Ounce , chop|
|Pure vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the sweet & zesty lemon sauce|
|Fresh squeezed lemon juice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a greased 9x13 baking dish.
3. Cut the panettone into 1 inch cubes and place the cubes evenly in the buttered baking dish.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine heavy cream, milk, and eggs, whisk them together.
5. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk vigorously.
6. Pour the mixture over the cubed panettone.
7. Using the spatula lightly press the panettone down ensure it is completely soaked with the mixture.
8. Allow the panettone to rest in the mixture for 5-10 minutes so that the liquid is absorb
9. Bake at in preheat oven for 1 hour up to 1 hour and 5 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and let it rest.
11. Serve the panettone along with some chocolate sauce or sweet & zesty lemon sauce.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
1. In a small, heavy saucepan, bring the cream to a slight simmer over low heat.
2. Place the chocolate pieces in a medium bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes.
3. Whisk in the vanilla and continue whisking until the sauce is smooth and thick.
4. Let the sauce cool to room temperature before serving.
FOR THE SWEET &ZESTY LEMON SAUCE
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch and whisk vigorously until smooth. Whisk the water and cornstarch mixture into the lemon and sugar syrup.
3. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. As the sauce cools to room temperature it will thicken.
5. This sauce can also be used on other desserts such as pound cakes and fruit turnovers.
Calories 684Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 221 mg9.21%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 69 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8208Calories from Fat 3420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 384 g590.4%
Saturated Fat 228 g1140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2652 mg110.52%
Total Carbohydrates 1140 g380.4%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 828 g
Protein 120 g240%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet