Enjoy a frittata today! A lot of you may look at this recipe and say I cant eat that many eggs. Well you're not supposed to, you fat basterr, you crazy nut! This is a dish meant for sharing with friends and loved ones. Omelets are for the lonely and selfish. Frittatas are for the generous and giving. And feel free to add grated cheeses, chunks of cooked meat and another vegetables and herbs that you love to eat (or want to get rid of).
If you want a thicker and fluffier version of this frittata, you can beat the eggs for longer, incorporating more air into them. You can also fry the eggs in a smaller sized skillet.
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiled potato||1 Medium , diced into small pieces|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , diced into small pieces|
|Bell peppers||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , diced|
|Zucchini||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , diced|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium , sliced thin|
|Green chilies||2 Medium , minced|
|Hot chilies||2 Tablespoon , soaked in oil (Soaked In 1 Tbsp Of Oil)|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Fresh cilantro||5 Medium , chopped (Stems With Leaves)|
|Fresh lime||1/2 Medium|
1. Add oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and onions, and fry until they start to brown.
3. Add half the salt and black pepper, all the cumin seeds and chilies and all the garlic, peppers and zucchini.
4. Continue to fry this mixture over medium heat for 4 minutes.
5. Beat the eggs well, adding remaining salt, black pepper and the fresh cilantro.
6. Add to the spicy potato mixture, stirring egg around to help it cook.
7. Lower heat to medium low and continue to cook frittata for 4-5 minutes or until it sets, with just a little bit of runniness on the top of the frittata.
8. Pre-heat broiler and put skillet under the broiler (if the pan is oven friendly, you can put the whole thing in, otherwise – leave the handle out of the oven, with the oven door open).
9. Broil until top of frittata is fully cooked through, typically for 20-60 seconds depending on how runny it was when they went in.
10. Let Frittata cool for about 5 minutes.
11. Invert onto a platter and cut into wedges.
12. Sprinkle fresh lime juice over it and serve warm, at room temperature or even cold!
Calories 232Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 212 mg8.83%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1160Calories from Fat 645
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.5%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1060 mg44.15%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 65 g130%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet