|Onion||1 Large , chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large , chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Medium , peeled and chopped|
|Green beans||1 Ounce , cut into 1|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cabbage head||1/2 Small , shredded|
|Spinach||5 Ounce , coarsely shredded|
|Tomatoes||6 Medium , peeled|
|Zucchini||2 Medium , chopped|
|Beef bouillon cubes||4|
|Cooked white beans/Canned cannellini beans||16|
|Cooked red kidney beans/Canned red kidney beans||16|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Topping)|
1. Take a Dutch oven, heat oil and add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, and green beans and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes by stirring at occasional intervals.
2. Stir in water, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, beef bouillon cubes, and salt and boil the mixture over high heat.
3. Crush the tomatoes, and cover the oven and cook over low heat for another 40 minutes by stirring at occasional intervals.
4. Add beans, and cook for another 15 minutes until the soup thickens.
5. Serve the old fashioned minestrone with grated cheese.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3560Calories from Fat 1164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.1%
Saturated Fat 21 g105%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6458 mg269.08%
Total Carbohydrates 470 g156.7%
Dietary Fiber 108 g432%
Sugars 83 g
Protein 154 g308%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet