|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Pancetta rashers/Smoked streaky bacon rashers||2 , rinded and finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Small , skinned and finely chopped|
|Beef||6 Ounce , minced (175 g)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , skinned and finely chopped|
|Celery stick||1 Small , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Small , peeled and finely chopped|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Dry white wine||75 Milliliter (5 tablespoons)|
|Beef stock||75 Milliliter (5 tablespoons)|
|Pepper||To Taste , freshly ground|
1) In a saucepan, heat the oil and butter and saute the pancetta or bacon and onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2) Mix in the minced beef and stir 5 minutes more, to break up any lumps, until it is lightly browned.
3) Stir in the garlic, celery, carrot and bay leaf and simmer, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes more.
4) Add in the tomato puree, wine, stock and seasoning, stir well to mix.
5) Let the mixture boil, and lower the heat.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring at regular intervals.
7) Remove and discard the bay leaf.
8) Check and adjust seasoning.
9) Serve hot, over freshly cooked pasta.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1043Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.4%
Saturated Fat 28 g140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2590 mg107.92%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 56 g112%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet