In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make an Inviting Caprese Sandwich. This is a traditional Italian combination of flavors that is tasty and appetizing. This is an item from the menu my husband, Rick, and I ordered recently when we had lunch at Hanger's Restaurant in Richmond, Kentucky. Due to requests, I will be making a few of the items we ordered in later videos. I will be uploading some Thanksgiving videos in the meantime, but eventually I will try to get around to making the other requests.
|Ciabatta bun||1 (or any similar bun)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato slices||4 (more or less as needed)|
|Fresh basil||5 Gram , sliced (as needed)|
|Fresh white mozzarella||15 Gram , sliced (more or less as needed)|
|Light olive oil||To Taste|
|Dried italian seasoning||To Taste|
1. Cut bun horizontally into two equal parts.
2. In a skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil and place bun, cut side down. Toast until browned and crisp.
3. Remove bun slices from heat and put them on a plate to assemble sandwich.
4. Sprinkle dried Italian seasoning on the two toasted bun halves.
5. On the bottom half, place some sliced fresh tomatoes, followed by some basil and mozzarella cheese slices.
6. Put a splash of light olive oil and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning on the top, and repeat the layering, beginning with tomatoes and ending with a sprinkling of Italian seasoning.
7. Cap the sandwich with the top half and slice diagonally.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 468Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 797 mg33.21%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet