|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Rashers streaky bacon||3 , rinded and diced|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Potato||1 Small , diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Leeks||2 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 Large , skinned, seeded and chopped|
|French beans||4 Ounce (100 g)|
|Haricot beans||4 Ounce , soaked overnight, drained (100 g)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon , chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 3/4 Pint (1 litre)|
|Short cut macaroni||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (to serve)|
1) In a pot, add bacon to hot oil and fry till the fat runs.
2) Mix in the onions, carrots, potato, celery, leeks, tomatoes and French beans and cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Add the haricot beans, tomato puree and herbs and stock
4) Season to taste and allow to boil.
5) Lower the heat and simmer covered for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Mix in the pasta and slow cook till tender.
7) Serve topped with grated cheese and toasted bread.
To freeze: Cool quickly and pour the soup into a sealable container and freeze for up to 6 weeks with bacon.
Without the bacon, the soup will freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat after freezing, add 2 tbls water and keep on low heat for about 1 hour, stirring and turning the block occasionally.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1802Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.7%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2295 mg95.63%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.3%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 66 g
Protein 85 g170%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet