As the chilly weather rolls in, so does my desire for warm, hearty, comfort food!!
Pasta Fagioli reminds me of my Dad, this was one of his staple "go to" meals when I was growing up.
My husband and I love to make a big pot of this soup so we will have extra to leave it in the fridge as a back up meal for the week.
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Cannellini beans||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cook pasta al dente. Be sure not to over cook, because the pasta will continue to cook a bit once you mix it with the beans.
2. Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and tender.
4. Stir in broth, beans, and some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until the beans thicken.
5. Stir in pasta and Parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning and enjoy!!
Posted by danispies at 08:57 PM | Permalink |