This is a great starter sausage!
|Hog casing||1 Medium (4 ft)|
|Pork shoulder||2 Pound|
|Mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon (yellow whole)|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon , prepared|
|Garlic clove||4 Medium , minced|
1) Cut the pork shoulder into 1 inch cubes and keep really cold, put in freezer if possible for 1/2 hour before grinding.
2) Mix garlic, mustard seed, & rosemary with cubed pork, and then grind with coarse disk on your grinder.
3) Combine salt, pepper, sugar, dijon mustard, and red pepper with ground meat mixture and mix well.
4) Prepare the sausage casing and stuff into casings.
5) Twist off into links or leave as coils. Prick air pockets, and refrigerate at least overnight before cooking.
6) Grill or fry the sausages as desired. These can be stored in fridge for 2-3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.