Pizzas have crossed geographical boundaries to become a hot favourite all over the world! While it is convenient to have Pizzas outside, it is also super fun to make it at home once in a while, because this gives you the freedom to make your pizza exactly the way you want it, with your favourite toppings and sauces, and just the amount of cheese you wish to have. Although pizza base is readily available in stores, the fresh taste and texture of a homemade one are unbeatable. And, well, it is not such an adventurous activity either. It is quite easy to make at home, as this Basic Pizza Base recipe will show you.
|Plain flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (maida)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1/2 Tablespoon|
1. Combine 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
3. Combine the plain flour, yeast-water mixture, olive oil, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
4. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour so that the dough rises well.
5. Press the dough lightly to remove the air and knead it once again using a little olive oil.
6. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
7. Roll each portion into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle with the help of plain flour and prick each circle evenly using a fork.
8. Place all the 3 pizza base on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 5 minutes. Cool slightly and use as required.
Handy Tip :- At step 7, while rolling a portion of the dough, keep the other 2 portions covered with the wet muslin cloth so that they do not dry up.