Surprise, surprise! Now, you can make mouth-watering pizzas at home, even if you do not have a convection or microwave oven. All you need is a broad non-stick pan and a bit of tact. This delicious Pizza-in-a-Pan is colourful and attractive, with a range of lip-smacking toppings and seasonings ranging from colourful capsicums, crunchy baby corn and juicy zucchini, to a tangy pizza sauce, and of course loads of cheese. The secret to making the perfect pizza in a pan, is to cook on a very slow flame as these pizzas tend to cook faster than in an oven and will get crisp soon. If you cook it on a high flame, it will get burnt even before all the toppings are cooked. So, if you patiently cook it on a slow flame, the outcome will be absolutely delightful!
|For the pizza sauce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Thin crust pizza base||4|
|Sliced capsicums||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (red, green, yellow)|
|Blanched babycorn||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (diagonally cut)|
|Diagonally cut zucchini||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried mixed herbs||To Taste (for sprinkling)|
|Dry red chilli flakes||To Taste (for sprinkling)|
|Grated processed cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Ghee||8 Teaspoon|
For the pizza sauce
1. Make criss cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
2. Drain the tomatoes, cool completely, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
7. Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface, put ¼th of the pizza sauce and spread it evenly.
8. Place a few capsicum, babycorn and zucchini evenly over it.
9. Finally sprinkle, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
10. Heat a broad non-stick pan and add 2 tsp of ghee.
11. Place the pizza in it and cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame for approx. 4 to 5 minutes or till the base is crispy and the cheese has melted.
12. Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more pizzas.
13. Cut each pizza into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4028Calories from Fat 1308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g233.8%
Saturated Fat 26 g130%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6586 mg274.42%
Total Carbohydrates 555 g185%
Dietary Fiber 44 g176%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 105 g210%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet