Today's dish features a low calorie, low carb, alternative to fettuccini with alfredo sauce. My skinny recipe for Shrimp Alfredo Sauce with Spaghetti Squash is a fresh new take on an old classic.
|Spaghetti squash||1 Medium|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Kosher salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 , minced|
|White wine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|1 % milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan||155 Gram , divided|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the end off, the squash, stand it up, and carefully cut down the middle until it comes apart. Remove the seeds, place face down in a baking pan filled with water, and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes to an hour just until the squash is tender and forms strands when lifted with a fork.
3. In a non-stick pan greased with olive oil, saute the shrimp two minutes on each side,set aside on a plate, and squeeze fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper over all.
4. In a large non-stick pan, melt the butterover medium high heat. Add the garlic and saute about 1 minute until fragrant. Sprinkle two tablespoons of flour into the melted butter and fresh garlic, and stir well to make a roux, continuing to cook for 1 minute. Pour in the white wine, and continue to stir using a whisk until the wine has cooked down. Gradually whisk in the milk, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese until thick and luxurious and then stir in the prawns.
5. When the squash comes out of the oven, fluff up the insides with a fork as shown in the video. Place equal amounts of the shrimp alfredo sauce into each, top with more parmesan cheese and broil until bubbly.
6. Serve hot.