Join Joe Borio, host of, "Cooking Italian with Joe", in his kitchen as he brings you grandma Borio's recipe of Braciola with a delicious tomato sauce and pasta. This is truly an authentic Italian recipe that brings you right back to old Italy for you and your family.
|Flavored bread crumbs||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Spinach||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweet onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Parmesan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Reggiano cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped raw almonds||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Marinara sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic in the pan.
2. Meanwhile hammer the meat down until thin.
3. Add pancetta to the pan and cook with onions and garlic until brown.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg. Add almonds, cheeses and spinach.
5. Drop in browned pancetta. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour olive oil and mix everything up to prepare the filling.
7. Place the filling in the centre of the meat. Fold the meat into a roll. Tie with the help of the string.
8. Repeat to make the other roll as well.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Sear the meat roll in a hot pan. Turn and sear on all four sides.
11. Add wine and deglaze the pan. Pour marinara sauce on top. Seal and cook at low heat for about an hour, stirring gently every 15 minutes.
12. Slice the braciola and serve with pasta. Garnish with some cheese before serving.