Join Joe Borio, host of, "Cooking Italian with Joe", as he shares a wonderful recipe from San Servo Italy made with figs, fontina cheese, and pastry. This is a delicious and simple dessert to make to make with the family and will certainly be a lifetime favorite.
|Pastry dough||6 Ounce|
|Fontina cheese||10 Ounce , shredded|
|Fig butter preserve||6 Ounce (Trader Joes)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Tablespoon|
1. Melt fig butter slightly in a pan until its loose. Melt apricot preserve in another pan.
2. Cut the pastry dough in 4 pieces.
3. Take a piece and place some fontina cheese in the centre of the dough.
4. Spoon fig butter on top.
5. Beat egg white with water to make egg wash.
6. Line the margins of the cheese topped dough with egg wash. Fold the margin to seal the filling.
7. Brush the pastry with more egg wash and let it set on the countertop for sometime.
8. Repeat the same to make apricot filled pastry.
9. Poke some holes in the pastry to release the steam.
10. Preheat the oven to 400 F and bake the pastry for about 10 to 15 minutes. Let the pastry rest for about 10 minutes on the countertop.
11. Dust the pastry with powdered sugar and serve.