This video features an easy and delicious recipe for a healthy alfredo sauce with low carb zucchini pasta,
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 , cut into small pieces|
|Button mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs) , diced|
|Diced white onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced pancetta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||2 , minced|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Baby spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs) , chopped finely|
|White wine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded asiago||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Spray a large non-stick skillet with olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add in the diced onion and saute. Add button mushrooms, chicken breast pieces, and the diced pancetta. Continue sauteing until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, and the pancetta is just starting to get crispy.
2. Add the dried thyme, minced garlic, and de-glaze the pan with a 1/2 cup of white wine, and a half cup of chicken stock Bring to the boil and reduce the sauce by at least half.
3. Add the baby spinach and stir till it wilts. Pour in the evaporated skim milk, stir, and then finish with a half cup of shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for five minutes as the sauce thickens. Finish with a half teaspoon of your favourite dried chiles.
5. Meanwhile, peel the green skin off the zucchini and then using the kitchen peeler, start at the top of the zucchini and peel into fettucccini zized strips. Stop when you get to the seeds.
6, Spray a non stick pan with a little olive oil and stir fry the zucchini strips over medium high for 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Drain well.
7. Serve accompanied with the sauce.