I've been getting requests for a Lasagna recipe so I wanted go ahead and get it out here. It is a little bit of work but you'll catch on and be fine. Be sure and get the written recipe so you don't miss a step. Enjoy!
|For marinara sauce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Diced celery||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crimini mushroom||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , diced|
|Diced zucchini||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated carrot||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced squash||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) , minced|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Great Diamond)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano/1 1/2 teaspoon dried mexican oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||6 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||32 Ounce|
|Canned tomato sauce||33 Ounce|
|Low sodium chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage||2 1/2 Pound , casings removed (Sweet / Hot, Chicken / Turkey / Pork)|
|Ground turkey||1/2 Pound|
|For other ingredients|
|Ricotta cheese||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Fresh italian parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil||4 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried lasagna sheets||1 Pound|
|Fresh grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
For Marinara Sauce and Meat
1. Heat oil in a pot. Add onion, celery, bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, squash, mushrooms and garlic. Saute them well.
2. Add oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning. Mix well.
3. Drop in the tomato paste, tomato sauce and whole tomatoes.
5. Pour chicken stock and add honey to get a well rounded sauce.
6. Bring the sauce upto boil and then lower the heat and let everything simmer at low heat for an hour and 15 minutes.
7. Store the sauce overnight to use it the next morning.
8. Brown up italian chicken sausage and ground turkey. Season if desired, mix with the chunky marinara sauce and set it aside.
9. Cook the pasta in boiling water seasoned with salt.
10. Cook in batches and set them aside.
11. Mix parsley with ricotta.
12. Add egg and whisk it all together. Season with all purpose seasoning and black pepper.
13. Spread meat sauce at the bottom of the dish. Arrange lasagna sheets and then spread ricotta cheese on top.
14. Pour some more meat sauce on top and spread it all over.
15. Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese and mozzarella all over.
16. Repeat layering with pasta sheets, ricotta cheese, meat sauce, parmesan and mozzarella all over.
17. Use an aluminium foil and cover the lasagna with the aluminium tent.
18. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
19. Place the lasagna dish in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or so.
17. Remove the foil and bake the lasagna for about 15 to 20 more minutes.
18. Let lasagna rest for 15 minutes or so.
19. Slice and serve the lasagna with some meat sauce. Enjoy.
Calories 1398Calories from Fat 818
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140%
Saturated Fat 35 g175%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3144 mg131%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 73 g146%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 11184Calories from Fat 6544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 728 g1120%
Saturated Fat 280 g1400%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 25152 mg1048%
Total Carbohydrates 624 g208%
Dietary Fiber 80 g320%
Sugars 112 g
Protein 584 g1168%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet