A killer burger suggestion from one of my subscribers in Italy. Crispy pork patty and a creamy bacon. spinach cheese sauce makes this burger!
|Ground pork||1/2 Pound|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped bacon||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granny smith apples||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped|
|Chopped spinach||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oaxaca cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmigiano reggiano||2 Tablespoon , thinly sliced|
1. Prepare the grill.
2. For the patty, place the ground pork on a flat surface and shape in to a patty. Brush one side of the patty with beaten egg and sprinkle generously with panko. Turn around and repeat on the other side as well coating the patty evenly. Place it in the refrigerator to firm up.
3. For the sauce, In a skillet heat a tablespoon of oil and add the chopped bacon, saute for a while. Add in the apple, and cook until soft. Now add in the spinach and honey, cook stirring. Add the Oaxaca cheese and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the patty until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
5. Meanwhile, lightly heat the buns on the grill.
6. On the bottom half of the toasted bun, arrange the pancetta slices, top with parmigiano riggiano slices. Place the pork patty on it and spoon the prepared sauce on the patty. Place the top half of the bun over it.
7. Serve hot accompanied with asome fries and a beverage of your choice.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3290Calories from Fat 2307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 258 g396.9%
Saturated Fat 109 g545%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 10249 mg427.04%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 158 g316%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet