An innovative and healthy snack that is well worth the extra trouble! use whole wheat pizza bases and a range of exciting but low calorie toppings to create this colorful pizza. Remember not to indulge in it too often, however tempting it may look and taste! make it a occasional treat.
|Whole wheat pizza base||2|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|For pizza sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched and finely chopped tomatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh tomato pulp||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped capsicum||2 Tablespoon|
|Blanched and chopped spinach||2 Tablespoon|
|Blanched and sliced mushrooms||3 Tablespoon|
|Sundried tomato||6 , soaked and drained|
|Chopped black olives||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
For Pizza Sauce:
1. In a non-stick pan, heat oil, add bay leaves, peppercorns and sauté over medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add garlic, onion and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add oregano, capsicum, sauté for another minute and then add tomato, tomato pulp, salt and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add sugar, give it a good stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from flame and discard the bay leaves and peppercorns. Divide the sauce into 2 equal portions and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 200 degree C or 400 degree F.
6. On a flat dry surface, place a pizza base and spread 1 portion of the pizza sauce over it.
7.Arrange 3 tomato slices, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of capsicum, 1 tablespoon of spinach, 1½ tablespoons of mushrooms, 3 sun-dried tomatoes, ½ tablespoon of black olives and ½ teaspoon of garlic evenly on top. Sprinkle cheese on top. Repeat the step to make another pizza.
8. Pop in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or the pizza base is crisp.
9. Cut into 4 equal wedges and serve immediate.