Just a lil project I did today and thought I'd share. I'm really loving how these floral ice cubes came out and can't wait to them with other colorful flowers.
I will definitely be using these to add a lil charm to my upcoming tea party. Be sure to use distilled water if you want super clear ice.
|Rose flowers||8 Small|
|Water||500 Milliliter , distilled, boiled, cooled (as required)|
1. Wash the fresh flowers and place it on a towel to air dry.
2. Snip off any foliage on it like stem, leaves, etc.
3. In an ice tray, pour water up to 1/4th full.
4. Place the washed and snipped flowers face down and freeze it until frozen.
5. Remove from freezer and pour water to fill each groove in the ice tray completely.
6. Return to the freezer till it is completely frozen.
7. When used, remove from freezer and run it under warm water to loosen the ice cubes.
8. In serving glass, serve these ice cubes with juice, water, cocktails or any other refreshing drink of choice.
Rose can be replaced with any edible herb like chamomile, lavender, pansies, begonia, marigold, carnations, day lilies, mint, jasmine, honeysuckle, lilac, etc.
Always use small ones as much as possible to fit the ice tray.