Learn how to make heavy cream in three different ways! It's always the worst when a recipe calls for heavy cream and you don't have it. However, using ingredients you most likely have on hand, you can make heavy cream at home. From whole milk substitute, half half or greek yogurt, these recipes to make heavy cream are great to have on hand.
|Whole milk||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Cut the butter into pats and place in a microwavable bowl.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in 15-second intervals.
3. Stir the butter in between intervals, until just melted.
4. Pour the milk into a microwavable bowl.
5. Microwave the milk in 15-second intervals to warm the milk (2-3 times max). It needs to be a little warm, about room temperature. If the milk is too warm, stir and let sit for a couple of minutes.
6. Pour the melted butter and the milk into the blender, in that order. Blend for 5 to 10 seconds.
7. It is ready to use. Do not refrigerate or it will separate.