Ninja Foodie, Instant Pot and Pressure cooker users rejoice. In this recipe Beef is cooked in a pressure cooker to get an incredible soft texture. I used my Ninja foodie, but you could use your Instant Pot or any other electric pressure cooker, a regular stove top pressure cooker OR you could just cook this longer in a pot on the stove top. The name Chettinad Chicken conjures up a vision of intense flavours of spices, curry leaves and coconut
|For beef and marinated:|
|Beef||1 Kilogram (bone in about 2.2 lbs)|
|Lime||1/2 , juiced|
|For spice paste:|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Black peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
|Grated coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Marinate the Beef with the lime juice, turmeric and salt.
2. To make the spice paste, roast all the dry ingredients and grind.
3. Roast the coconut, add to the spices, add water as required and grind.
4. Set the cooker to saute mode and add the coconut oil.
5. Add the onion and allow this to sweat for a few minutes before adding the mustard seeds.
6. Add the curry leaves, followed by the ginger and garlic paste.
7. Add the marinated beef and sear.
8. Add the prepared spice paste.
9. Add 1 cup of the water, add the lid and set the vent to sealing.
10. Select Pressure Cook and set the timer for 20 mins.
11. After 20 mins, allow the pressure to naturally escape.
12. Set this back to saute mode and add the Tomato paste.