Hakka Chinese food is very popular in India and all over the world. Chinese immigrants brought their delicious recipes from their homeland to their adopted country, India. From there it took on spices and flavors popular with the Indian people and morphed into a new delicious version.
|Prawns/Shrimp||500 Gram (shelled and deveined)|
|Fresh cracked pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Teaspoon , divided (in total)|
|All purpose flour/Cornstarch||3 Tablespoon|
|Soya sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped ginger||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green chillies||2 , slitted|
|Dried red chillies||4|
|Onion petals||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato||1/2 , cubed|
|Fried tofu||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red chilli sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch slurry||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Marinate the Prawn with lime juice, salt and turmeric and set aside for about 10 mins.
2. Then add the pepper, ginger, and garlic paste, flour, egg, soya sauce and mix well.
3. Deep fry this in batches and keep aside.
4. In a wok, heat up some oil and sauce the diced onion, garlic and ginger.
5. Add the green and red chilies.
6. Add the onion petals and green pepper.
7. Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute.
8. Add the tomato and tofu.
9. Add the red chili sauce, soya, and vinegar.
10. Add the water and mix.
11. Add the cornstarch.
12. Now toss in the prawn and allow to coat.
13. Add the chopped coriander and serve.