Rajma chawal is one of the regulars at any Punjabi house. It is an easy and quick recipe where rajma is cooked with different spices and served with steamed rice. Two different elements cooked separately comes together as a final dish.
|Rajma||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ghee||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (use as required)|
1. Take a pressure cooker, add 11/2 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp whole spices ( coriander seeds, cumin seeds, 2 black cardamom, 1 pieces of cinnamon, 1 bay leaf and some black peppercorns) and 11/2 onions and stir well and cook till the onions turn red.
2. Add 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste, 2-3 chillies, 11/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, Salt to taste and 1/2 tinned tomato stir well.
3. Add 1cup of soaked rajma mix well, add some water, a knob of butter and put the lid of the pressure cooker and allow it to cook for 15-20 whistles.
4. In a pan boil water and add soaked rice to it and allow it to cook for around 8-10 mins.
5. Open the pressure cooker, add a knob of butter, 1 tsp garam masala and some chopped coriander leaves.
6. Home made Rajma chawal are ready to be served. Enjoy!